Friday, August 5, 2011

Simple Fruit Salad!

Welcome back to Finger Lickin' Friday and the weekend! This week's recipe is SO simple and easy. You really do not even need measurements or instructions. I made this fruit salad this week for my husband because he does not eat enough fruit (he takes his lunch to work). He came home from work on Monday and was like "Oh my goodness! That fruit salad was amazing" Hello win column for me!


Here is what I used:


Blueberries
Grapes
Apples
Strawberries
Oranges or Clementines
Bananas
Whip Cream (Lite)




Pick out desired amount of each fruit you want. Slice the apple and cut into squares (I just use my apple slicer and then just chop them up. Chop the strawberries up into desired size (8ths is what I usually do), slice bananas, peel (duh) oranges (or clementines). You can half the slices or not. Throw all fruit into a large bowl and add whip cream until all fruit is thoroughly covered. I usually add two serving spoon scoops, mix it in, then add more until the fruit is covered. Serve immediately or chill in fridge (make sure top put a lid on it) until ready to serve.


I am thinking about freezing the fruit salad to store it. It will store better and last longer. Since there is only two of us to eat it (and maybe a small bit of eating from my son). This is a great way to get your kids (and in my case husbands) to eat their fruit, plus it tastes so good. Hope you and your family enjoy your fruit salad! Happy fruit eating and as always God bless you and your family!






Until the Whole World Hears,
Katie
grace.faith.dirt@gmail.com
grace.faith.dirt <-- LIKE me on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment