Sunday, July 31, 2011

Never Say That Again!

First I just want to give a SHOUT OUT with lots of LOVE <3  to all of you out there! I am getting my happy dance on because my blog has officially passed 1,000 views! (and I have only had it a month) Thanks so much for the support! In celebration of this milestone I wanted to put a funny post up. This came to me when my husband said something to me and my first thought was "Oh my goodness! No one should EVER say that to a pregnant lady! Here are my top things you should NEVER say to a pregnant lady (even if she is your wife!) The explanations are very sarcastic, but for the most part true!


What?! You're pregnant?! I cannot even tell!
If it is early in her pregnancy she WANTS to be showing, but if it is later (and obvious) then someone is just being sarcastic. Either way she will walk away grumbling at you! So basically, the rule is don't EVER assume someone is pregnant nor should you ever assume someone isn't pregnant!


Wow! Haven't you had that baby already?
Really? My response would be "Yes, I have! That's why my belly's still HUGE and don't have a baby in my arms!" I did actually say that to someone. You think its taking forever?! Think about the one who has to carry the baby around with sore everything and swollen feet! No one wants it to be over more than the mommy-to-be!


Dang you look HUGE!
And my response would be "Well, I have lost some weight. Can't you tell?!" She already feels huge and probably not that great about her looks and all she needs is someone to encourage her low self esteem! You might just get slapped...or you might cause some tears.


ANYTHING that starts with "When I was pregnant..."
This is NEVER a good sign. Either the story will end in a horrific story that will scare the living daylight out of her or will make her feel disappointed. For example, don't tell her that you NEVER had morning sickness (because she will walk away HATING you) and don't tell her about the scare you had and almost lost her baby (the last thing she needs is another thing to worry about) KEEP IT TO YOURSELF! 


Are you sure there aren't twins in there?
This would be under "encouraging low self-esteem" Again, she doesn't need you to tell her she looks huge. She owns a mirror and probably stands in front of it way too long worrying about how she looks. Instead try telling her how RADIANT she looks!


Are you really going to eat all that?
The answer is ALWAYS yes! She is going to eat all of that, some off her husband's plate, some off of your plate AND THEN she is going to get seconds! Yes, that's right, I am really going to eat all of it!

You shouldn't eat/drink/do that while you are pregnant?
Really?! Don't you think she knows what she can and cannot do? Don't you think she has sat in front of her doctor and asked a MILLION questions and Googled a million different things to make sure it is okay? Trust me, she knows and she is insulted that you don't think she cares enough about herself and her baby to find out what she can and cannot have/do!


AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST...THE ONE MY HUSBAND SAID TO ME:

Wow! If that's what you look like after gaining only 8 pounds, don't ever gain any weight!
Yes ladies, this is truly what my husband said while we were at the doctor (right after I got weighed) I am 20 weeks and have gained around 8 pounds. I almost slapped him right there in the doctor's office! When he realized what he said he was like "Oh my goodness! I am just kidding!" Still, never, ever say this to ANY prego!



As you can probably tell, I had a lot of fun writing this post (as I do with all my posts!) Thanks so much for supporting my blog and getting me to 1,000 views so fast! I owe it all to you! As always, God bless you and your family!


Until the Whole World Hears,
Katie
grace.faith.dirt@gmail.com
grace.faith.dirt <--- follow me on Facebook too!

No comments:

Post a Comment