Wednesday, April 11, 2012

You know you have two under 2 when...

I have a 22 month old son and a 3 month old daughter. Needless to say they keep me and my husband very busy! Being a mommy of two babies under the age of two is HARD! It takes a special kind of mommy to stay sane with two so young and close together.

Here are the top ten things I have learned about having two under 2!




10. "I have the baby" is no longer a viable excuse to get your husband to do something for you because he's got a baby too!

9. You wish Walmart, Albertson's, Hobby Lobby and your favorite restaurant had drive-thru's. (In fact, why doesn't EVERYWHERE have a drive-thru?!)

8. A family meal now consists of you juggling a baby in one hand while trying to eat with other and your husband trying to get the other to eat his vegetables and not make them wall decor.
(What?! You don't throw veggies, you eat them?! Since when?)

7. Instead of "Tag! It's your turn!" It is now "Can we switch?!"
(I call dibs on the one that's not crying!)

6. You can't remember a time when you weren't nursing, and neither can your husband.

5. You think both babies taking a nap at the same time is a miraculous act of God comparable only by the parting of the Red Sea.

4. Taking a shower is the ONLY alone time you get...and sometimes that doesn't even happen!

3. You and your husband have races to see who can change a diaper faster. (Loser does the dishes!)

2. A "quick trip" to the store now involves an hour of preparing, 30 minutes for loading and another 30 minutes for unloading. (And begs the question "Is it really worth it to have toilet paper?")

1.The last movie you and your husband saw in the theater is now in the $5 bin at Walmart. (What? When did that movie come out on DVD?)

For all my fellow two-under-2 mommies out there, I'm sure you can relate! I hope these have brought a smile to your face, and please add your own to the list by commenting! I would love to see your input!

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE my children and wouldn't change a thing, but if we're honest with ourselves...sometimes it's just plain hard! Hope y'all enjoyed these and as always, God bless you and your family!


Until the Whole World Hears,
Katie
grace.faith.dirt@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Here are two more that didn't make the top 10:


    Your bed is now public property....day AND night.
    (It really is amazing how much room a 3 month old baby can take up!)

    You feel like Supermom if you actually got out of the house with both kids...and lived to tell the tale!

    ReplyDelete