Friday, July 22, 2011

Famous Homemade Pancakes! Yum!

Welcome back to "Finger Lickin' Friday" where the weekend has finally arrived and the menu is just begging for a new item! This week's recipe is one that my husband and I just mastered and refined this week; homemade pancakes!


We ran out of pancake mix a few weeks ago and I was like "surely homemade pancakes are cheaper that the mix...and I bet they taste tons better!" So I looked up a few recipes online and (honestly) decided to try the easiest one I could find. It was ok, kinda dry, but made the family happy. I was convinced I could do better though. It was again, on the menu for this week so I looked up a few new recipes, combined them together to what I thought would make a good pancake recipe and tried it. Lo and behold it turned out wonderfully! Here is my recipe to share with you all!


Ingredients


1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder (we use Clabber Girl)
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted


Directions


In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients (the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar.) Then pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth. If it seems too thick to your liking add a little bit more milk or if it seems too thin add a bit of flour. (don't worry! It won't ruin the pancake!)
Heat griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.


My husband and I use the griddle we received as a wedding present to make the pancakes.  It is great because you can make up to six at a time! Sometimes we go boring and traditional: butter and syrup, but it is also so fun to add things to your pancakes! Try adding blueberries or chocolate chips to your pancake mix OR add mashed strawberries to top your pancakes! Mmm! Enjoy your pancakes and as always God Bless you and your family!


Until the Whole World Hears,
Katie
grace.faith.dirt@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment